Redbubble goodies by Michelle

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Special Memories of Special People

Wandered around my current favourite haunt - took a fair while - and my mind just wandered around as well.  Mayhap it's the upcoming 30 year High School Anniversary Reunion that is loosening these memories but I realised today just how precious and special they are.  While I've been thinking back a lot since starting Lovan, today was special.

Today was about those first tentative teenage kisses, the bold as brass because you haza de alkyhole inside you....the one where "The D's" were heading down the street towards two underage teenagers who had already had a bit too much alcohol.....the kiss that only has me left to remember it because during some school holidays, he was killed in a tragic vehicle accident.  I figured that as Shaun was most definately more inebriated than myself, the D's would be rather interested....so we did the whole fake hot and heavy in an empty lot just down the street. They didn't seem to notice that I was the same girl who plonked herself on the lap of another over-inebriated teenage male to stop him from getting up and having a go at them.  The D's - in case you didn't figure it - were the Police, and unlike the band, were very much inclined to turn  up to Elizabeth College dances because we happened to be the rowdiest of the Colleges.

If I 'went home' with anyone that night, it was only as far as the bus stop, and it was with the boy that had my heart through most of high school and college. Yes, I did have huge feelings for the boyfriends I had in grade 10.  It scared me how much love I felt....and I guess in a way, still do.  But this fellow...there's still a soft and gooey spot inside for him. He literally was the first boy who made my toes curl and my foot lift.  

Gosh if I didn't have to go and put my children to bed, I could go on forever.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment