Redbubble goodies by Michelle

Friday, February 27, 2015

We Have It Good

I have no title for this right now - considering how long ago I wrote it - you would think I would.  But no.  And it's not complete either....I'll get to it eventually.  Meantime, I will use the blog and facebook to reawaken my creative bones.   Ciao, MM.


There’s snakes in the back yard
Yabbies in the creek
Sun’s coming up
There’s a drover onthe ridge
Better milk the cows
And get the milk inthe fridge
Hay in the hay field
Ready to go

In the city, kids inthe alley
Showin’ off their art
Shootin up withoutguns
All to find their ownkind of fun
No safety net to catchtheir fall
They have no life atall

We’re rich in ourheads
Poor in our purse
When toy soldiers wereenough for you
And paper dolls wereenough for me
And tyre swings on
An old gum tree
How happy we used tobe


(C)Michelle Evans Catherall 2010 aka MadMikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment